XADC configuration

MOHD RIZWAN

Question

8 answers to this question

Yes, you should technically be able to use XADC without any IP in a project. While the Cmod A7 15T demo (https://digilent.com/reference/programmable-logic/cmod-a7/demos/xadc) instantiates an XADC IP, the primitive that this IP wraps can be directly instantiated in your design. See the screenshot of the language templates built into Vivado, below. Note that primitives like this are not necessarily easy to configure and still require the appropriate review of corresponding datasheets.

image.png

Thanks,

Arthur

Thanks for your response. To be more clear, the Custom SoC that I am using doesn't have an inbuilt ADC. And since I am using Cmod A7 35T for creating applications using my SoC, I need a way to process the Analog Data coming from an external source. So, in such a situation how can i utilize the XADC present on the Cmod to?

Hi 
I instantiated primitive but I want to read data from sensor so Which address location Should I use ,I am confuse during the software writing which address should i use for read data from the sensor?Plz give me response ASAP.

regards 
Rizwan

AIN15 and AIN16 correspond to XADC auxiliary channels 4 and 12, respectively. These are tied to addresses 0x1c (Aux 12) and 0x14 (Aux 4) in the DRP interface.

image.png

This is where the XADC demo selects addresses to read from using the DRP interface: https://github.com/Digilent/Cmod-A7-HW/blob/859446665e06c3ccc88fa57b4697477ec922a0d7/src/hdl/XADCdemo.v#L75.

Thanks,

Arthur