Troubleshooting Eclypse Z7 DDR Buffer Demo

boesterle

Question

Hi,

I am currently trying to get the mm2s_single_transfer_test program in Vitis from the DDR buffers demo (as linked below) to work on my Eclypse Z7 board. The calibration_reader_system program seems to run fine, however I seem to run into errors when trying to run the mm2s_single_transfer_test program on the board.

The screenshot attached shows the output on PuTTY when I run the program. There is also no output from Ch1 of the AWG module on the oscilloscope I have attached.

Is this a case of user error, incorrect hardware configuration, or something else simple? If more details are needed to troubleshoot this, let me know.

DDR Demo Link: https://digilent.com/reference/programmable-logic/eclypse-z7/demos/ddr-streaming

mm2s_single_transfer_output.png

5 answers to this question

Hey @boesterle

Could you confirm which Zmod port the AWG is plugged into? The hardware project is designed so that the AWG must be on port B and the Scope must be on port A. The calibration reader app would still be fine as it's just enumerating Zmods that are installed.

Thanks,

Arthur

22 hours ago, artvvb said:

Hey @boesterle

Could you confirm which Zmod port the AWG is plugged into? The hardware project is designed so that the AWG must be on port B and the Scope must be on port A. The calibration reader app would still be fine as it's just enumerating Zmods that are installed.

Thanks,

Arthur

Hi @artvvb,

The AWG is indeed plugged into port B, and the scope on port A. Are there any other hardware configurations that could be problematic for this project?

No other hardware configuration issues, seeing as you're getting USBUART printouts.

Could you send me the printout from the calibration reader? This could be related to a recently reported issue where the app was not able to determine the name and type of the Zmod correctly, due to names not matching expected values - see this comment: 

There's a more extensive fix in the works, but it has not yet been pushed out to Github.

Thanks,

Arthur

26 minutes ago, boesterle said:

Could something similar be going on with the mm2s project?

Yes. The failure indicated by the error message that the calibration was not successfully read could come from a couple of different early exits from ZmodAwg_ReadCoefficientsFromDna. Please try bypassing this one, or modify the function it calls: https://github.com/Digilent/Eclypse-Z7-SW/blob/aa2f34efc4dc63317a58bbaeb02e946c4c2d68a9/src/mm2s_single_transfer_test/src/awg_calibration.c#L75.