Concerns Regarding Voltage D/A Range Adjustment for USB-3104 in Instacal Software

yousif

Question

Hello,

How can I adjust the voltage ranges through individual channels on the USB-3104 using Instacal software? Specifically, I want to configure the voltage D/A ranges to “+/- 5V” instead of the default options of “+/- 10V,” “0 – 10V,” and “0 – 20mA.” I am migrating a program from a Windows98 laptop, which utilized the older voltage range of “+/- 5V,” to a more contemporary operating system, such as Windows 10. My aim is to replicate the original D/A range on the new platform. Any guidance or information you can provide regarding the customization of voltage ranges within the Instacal software for the USB-3104 would be greatly appreciated.

3 answers to this question

Hello @Fautso,

So you're saying there is no way to even program it to be changed to +/- 5V with the USB-3104? Mine has channels 0-7 as you stated. Do you have any recommendations to accommodate for this, thank you. 

Hello @yousif.

The USB-3104 does not support a +/- 5V range setting, but does support a +/- 10V range.  Could you not use the +/- 10V range setting to output a +/- 5V signal?  Lastly, the USB-3104 is an obsolete product and I don't have any recommendations.

Regards,

Fausto