Is it possible to run TCP and Zmod_ADC on Eclypse Z7 at the same time?

werosic

Question

Hello,
As the title says, I am currently developing a program that allows TCP and ADC to run on eclypse at the same time. Currently, I have completed the program for UDP plus ADC function, but when I want to switch to using tcp, when zmod adc is initialized, the TCP connection will interrupted. Thus, I want to make sure that it is possible to run both functions at the same time.

2 answers to this question

Hi @werosic

I assume based on previous threads that you are trying to use zmodlib and the lwip echo server template project together? I assume that you've replaced zmodlib with C (not C++) sources that accomplish similar things.

Generally, the ADC sources and ethernet sources should not affect each other, except where shared resources are being accessed, or where performance concerns become a problem. I would check whether both the ADC library and the ethernet sources are initializing the GIC - the Zynq's interrupt controller, as it seems like the most likely potentially-shared system to cause an issue like this. If they both reset it and initialize it with their interrupt handlers, then the last subsystem initialized could cancel out part of the initialization of the other subsystem.

Thanks,

Arthur