Same program works different on DasyLab 13 VS DasyLab 2022

Elod

Question

Using IotdcDASY.dll driver for Time Stamp, generating a 1 HZ, Rectangle signal to turn on and off a relay. On Version 13 the relay turns on and off once every second. On Version 2022 it is not consistent, sometimes once, sometimes twice every second.

I apologies if my explanation is not clear, I try to find someone to help me and can provide more info as needed.

Thanks a lot in advance,

15 answers to this question

Thank you @Fausto for the quick response.

On both test systems I am using MC USB-231. The older PC has Windows 7 64-bit, the new one has Windows 10 64-bit installed on it.

Please find attached the worksheet along a couple of pictures. The pictures will show that there is some inconsistency over time, I am expecting one ON/OFF every second. 

Best Regards,

Elod

Capture_1.PNG

Capture_2.PNG

US51D94_USB.DSB

Edited by Elod

Hello @Elod.

I get the following error when attempting to run your DASYLab worksheet.

image.png

From what I can see in your worksheet, the three channels in your Y/t Chart 00 are all sourced from analog input channel 1.  Is that correct?  It would appear that the input signal is the source of those spikes.

What do you have physically connected to analog input channel 1, on your USB-231? 

Regards,

Fausto

Hello @Fausto,

Please find attached the missing file. This should fix the errors.

Analog Input 1 is a voltage reading off of a relay that energizes a solenoid. I am measuring the switch time of some solenoids. Same type of circuit board output is connected to AI 1 to another test system that is working ok.

Monitoring the generator output with a display block, the signal looks good, 0.5s ON, 0.5s OFF however the relay I am energizing with it changes state more often as shown in previous pictures.

Thanks a lot looking into this,
Regards,

scale_24V.DPF

Hello @Fausto,

So just to put it in different words, maybe explaining a little bit better:

The input signal AI1 that is displayed on the pictures I have sent is basically the feedback from the solenoid, feedback for opened or closed. Feedback saying that the output AO0 turned on/off the relay that is driving the solenoid.

Is there a phone number for a support group I could call today who can walk me through some basic steps setting up the software? Since the same worksheet is working ok on a different machine I am thinking that the issue is with how the initial configuration of the software was done. Do you agree? Is there any suggestion you can think of for me to try? Driver configuration, hardware configuration, time base, default folders?

Thank you,
Regards,

Hello @Elod.

Thank you for the additional scale file to eliminate the initial error messages.

Support is handled via this forum.  Please reply with the DASYLab worksheet on the working system. 

Which version of DASYLab and Windows OS are on the working system?

What are other differences between the two systems?

Also, please include screen captures from each system's DASYLab Configurator settings.

Regards,

Fausto

Hello @Fausto,

The worksheet on the working system is the same. I have copied the worksheet from the working PC to the newly installed PC.

As you can read in my previous messages: DasyLab 13 and Windows 7 64-bit OS is installed on the working system.

I have tried to compare and makes sure both systems are the same. The reason I am asking for help is to find what is different. Other then the physical PC that the software are running on I can't find any other difference. 

DasyLab 13 on Windows 7   VS   DasyLab 2022 on Windows 10         (same worksheet different output)

Thank you,
Regards,        

Hello @Elod.

I understand your frustration.  You changed PC systems, Windows OS, and DASYLab versions, so where's the issue?

On 11/29/2023 at 4:44 PM, Elod said:

Monitoring the generator output with a display block, the signal looks good, 0.5s ON, 0.5s OFF however the relay I am energizing with it changes state more often

Are you using the same USB-231 and wiring to the relay and solenoid?

Please reply with screen captures of DASYLab's Configurator screens and the list of loaded files in DASYLab's Console window.

Regards,

Fausto

Hello @Fausto,

I apologies, I am not frustrated, just little bit stressed and I don't know how to explain it better. I am going to attach more pictures and will try it again.

One of the test system is actually used in production, it is used to test switch time of some solenoids, and it has been working for a couple of years now. This system is running on a tower PC, Windows 7 64 bit, DasyLab 13, and I am attaching a video of the relay on/off status: smooth and constant, running as we speak.

To increase testing capabilities I was asked to set up an additional test system, a new laptop with a new MC-231 and same type circuit board. The new laptop is running on Windows 10 64 bit OS, DasyLab 2022, and I am attaching a second video of the relay on/off status: inconsistent, can't be used for testing, results are different from the other.

I went through all the settings I could find (Hardware, Measurement, Time Base) and matched the settings from the two setups. 

• The issue is that the same worksheet outputs differently on two separate versions of Dasy Lab.
  • Yes, I have tried same Hardware, same USB-231 on both versions and the output is what you can see on the graphs I sent earlier 
  • I was only able to take a screenshot of the new machines configurator, but I will try to send a picture of that as well
  • What do you mean by "loaded files in DASYLab's Console window"? I am not sure I know where to look for that? Default folders?

Thank you,
Regards,

PXL_20231205_183004913.jpg

PXL_20231205_183009963.jpg

PXL_20231205_185120429.jpg

PXL_20231205_185214171.jpg

PXL_20231205_185223811.jpg

V13 Configurator.PNG

Edited by Elod
Added screenshot from V13 Configurator.

Hello @Elod.

Thank you for the additional information, videos, and screen captures.

In addition to using a different Windows OS, you also went from using a tower PC to using a laptop.  Are you using an external power supply with the laptop during your trials or just running on battery power?  Please test the opposite scenario of powering your laptop.  Also, do you have a desktop PC running Windows 10 or 11 to test your DASYLab worksheet?

Next, your DASYLab Configurator's Data Acquisition Packages show the IOtech package enabled.  If you are not using an IOtech data acquisition device, then disable this package in the Configurator.  Enable only the Measurement Computing package.

image.png

In DASYLab 2022.1, click on HELP followed by MCC-DRV and then DRIVER-INFORMATION

image.png

How does your Windows 10 system's DASYLab Driver Information compare to my values?

image.png

DASYLab's Console window is located on the bottom left.  Copy and paste all messages in that window with your response.

image.png

What do you have for your MCC-DRV's Hardware-Settings?

image.png

image.png

What do you have for your MCC-DRV's Measurement settings?

image.png

image.png

My Windows 11 system's About DASYLab 2022.

image.png

Regards,

Fausto

Hello @Fausto,

I have tried again running the worksheet on both battery and plugged in, there is no difference. Yes, the Laptop hardware different, the USB port that is powering up the USB-231 is an SS USB port but that is the only port I have on the laptop. I do not have another tower PC. More than that, the IT department would like to get rid of the old tower PC so we would like to figure this out to work on a Laptop.

IO Tech package is enabled because it is enabled on the working system as well. I don't know if I am using it or not, I see no difference from being enabled or disabled.

Please see below the requested information:

Driver:

DriverInformation.PNG.8440ccb2734717d166e5bd5e9854e08d.PNG

Console Window:   (It is saying 32 bit English... can that be an issue since my OS is 64 bit?)

ConsoleWindow.thumb.PNG.e4f72e3fe052306eb4bc06d385fa591b.PNG

Hardware Settings:

HardwareSettingAO.PNG.273df205b0a2bb64963552a15edcfc58.PNGHardwareSettingAI.PNG.aad7e5da8643922a1fe5c965afd1eaa8.PNG

Measurement Settings:

MeasurementSettingAO.PNG.bd73eb09dfb17e36bf5439d29f9aad7f.PNGMeasurementSettingAI.PNG.97424b3817660d07016cc4d015be06ee.PNG

Time Base Settings:

TimeBasesSettingsHWOut.PNG.1fa19398bc729af0793b74a76d2dac45.PNGTimeBasesSettingsDriver.PNG.2dccc30fe54e57e0069f50f98b067d5a.PNGTimeBasesSettingsDasyLab.PNG.cf0f9196bdfdb59c2bcf5e68ec91034f.PNG

Thank you for your time and support.

Best Regards,

Hello @Fausto,

Since my last update, I have found a desktop style PC, installed DasyLab 2022 on it, and unfortunately it is doing the same thing. We can rule out that the Laptop was the issue.

I was wondering if you could send me a copy of DasyLab 13, maybe there is something in version 2022 that causes this behavior.

Thank you,
Regards, 

Hello @Fausto,

Thank you very much for your help. I have made the suggested changes in the worksheet and the response of the system has improved. We will have to do some validation, but I wanted to give you a heads up that the issue seems to be resolved.

Again, I really appreciate your support and I apologies if I was being a pain.

Best Regards,

Elod,