ADP3450 Frequency response test?

TanTAH

Question

Hi All,

I want to buy the ADP3450 product used to test the frequency response, the frequency range is from 0-60Hz (with steps <=0.05Hz) (testing the PSS of the hydroelectric plant's excitation system). I will use this device's transmitter to emit white noise (0-3Hz). Loopback to input Chanel 1, the second channel I measured from the device. Use Wareform software to record Bode plot. Can I ask if the ADP3450 product can meet the requirements? Thank you!

7 answers to this question

Hi @TanTAH

Based on your needs, any T&M tool seems appropriate.
The Network Analyzer can use the device's AWG channels as excitation sine wave (Wavegen C1, C2 or Differential) or rely on external excitation (or custom configured AWG). The Ref selects the reference oscilloscope channel for phase measurement. With "Relative to Ref" the other channels measurements are reported to this channel. For external source the Ref channel measurement is also used for frequency step identification.

image.png

Hi @attila

How can I chooise White noise or sin wave of Wavegen C1, C2 ? Or can you give some documents about "custom configured AWG" for make White noise or sin wave?

My product is ADP 3250.

Thank you verry much!.

Hi @TanTAH

The Network Analyzer can use the AWG channels to generate sine wave sweep, but you can also select the 'external' option and use external stimulus signal or custom signal sweep from the same device Wavegen interface. For white noise you probably want to use the Spectrum interface or Scope/FFT view.