To read analog signals from 52 channels (7 (DAQ 128) heads) synchronously at 5KS/s samples per channel.

ArjunNarayanan

Question

Hi !!!

I am trying to read analog voltage from 52 channels (7 DAQ MCC 128 16-bit, 100 KS/s, 8 SE/4 DIFF Analog Inputs, Multiple Input Ranges heads mounted on a single Raspberry Pi 4) synchronously. I would like to collect samples at a rate of 5KS/s from each channel. 

I have just started learning PYTHON.

Is it possible to export the data or to log the data of all the 52 channels into an Excel sheet? If yes then how should I code the microprocessor.

Or else is it possible to get the data into LABVIEW using the ethernet port? If yes then what code should be used to transmit the data from the microprocessor to LABVIEW using the ethernet port.

I have used the sample codes provided on github and i was able to read the channels but at a much lower sampling rate. If the sampling rate was increased the program gets crashed.

Eagerly waiting for your helpful reply.

Regards

Arjun

3 answers to this question

Hello @ArjunNarayanan.

When using multiple MCC 128 DAQ HATs, the maximum throughput rate is up to 320 kS/s aggregate.  For your 52 channel configuration, each analog input has an effective throughput rate of 6.1 kS/s maximum.  The data can be saved to a .csv file for post processing. 

There is no support in the MCC DAQ HAT library to get data into LabVIEW.

Regards,

Fausto

Edited by Fausto
model typo, changed to MCC 128

HI 

I tried the above attached code and was able to log data at a rate of 5kS/s from all 8 channels. But this works only for a single DAQ HAT. 

What should I do if I want to read all the DAQ HAT attached simultaneously. I would like to read and log the data of all the 52 channels without terminating the readings after a specific amount of sampling. I want to read all the 52 channels until I press ctr c to stop the readings like the one done in the above provided code.

Please suggest me a sample code for this.

Eagerly waiting for your helpful reply.

Regards

Arjun

Hello @ArjunNarayanan.

Included with the MCC 128 DAQ HAT examples ('.../daqhats/examples/python/mcc128' directory) is a multi_hat_synchronous_scan.py example configured for two MCC 128 boards.  Update the code for your seven MCC 128 boards and the channels intended to be used.  Include the portion of code from the csv example to save your data.

Regards,

Fausto