Analog Discovery 2 defective?

SSassen

Question

My Analog Discovery 2 stopped working and appears to be defective? It is not recognized via USB (yes, I already checked different USB ports and cables) anymore. I meticulously checked the board but there's no damage or components that look questionable. Has anybody ever run into this? And going forward, does Digilent offer repair services? Thanks!

6 answers to this question

Hello @SSassen.

Is your Analog Discovery 2 detected by WaveForms? 

Which version of WaveForms and OS are you using?

Any LED activity inside the case when the device is connected to the host system and the software is running?

Digilent does not offer a repair service.  Please reference Digilent's warranty.  If your device is less than a year old and qualifies for a replacement, please email support.digilent@ni.com, specifying the Date of Purchase, Seller and Purchase Order/ Web order Number.

Regards,

Fausto

22 minutes ago, Fausto said:

Is your Analog Discovery 2 detected by WaveForms? 

Which version of WaveForms and OS are you using?

Any LED activity inside the case when the device is connected to the host system and the software is running?

No, not detected by WaveForms, using the latest version and either a PC with Windows 10 or a notebook with the same. There's no LED activity either. Tried different USB cables, external 5V supply etc. no dice unfortunately.

Hi @SSassen

Is the device listed in Windows Device Manager, under USB group as "USB Serial Converter" ? or with lsusb if you are using Linux
Have you tried in WaveForms Device Manager the "My device is not listed" option ? What does the "Find Devices" report ?
(The LED in AD1,2 is activated only after software connection so this is not helpful in troubleshooting.)

If not under warranty, you can find troubleshooting and repair instructions here:

58 minutes ago, attila said:

Is the device listed in Windows Device Manager, under USB group as "USB Serial Converter" ? or with lsusb if you are using Linux
Have you tried in WaveForms Device Manager the "My device is not listed" option ? What does the "Find Devices" report ?
(The LED in AD1,2 is activated only after software connection so this is not helpful in troubleshooting.)

No, it doesn't show up anywhere unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestions.