Seeking Advice on Long-Term Data Capture for Sensor Testing with Digilent SDK

İlker

Question

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on a test station for a sensor that outputs data upon triggering. The sensor lacks a standard communication protocol, so I'm tasked with capturing the raw data directly. At present, we're using an AA-Tech ADS-1022B oscilloscope and interfacing with PyVISA, but we're limited to capturing only 0.7 seconds of data at a time.

The sensor signals have a rapid 100-microsecond interval between their low and high states. My goal is to record these signals over a more extended period to analyze the sensor's behavior thoroughly.

I'm considering the possibility of utilizing the Digilent SDK for this purpose and have a couple of questions:

Is it possible to integrate the Digilent SDK with  Discovery 3? (I couldnt see that in sdk page)

With the SDK, can I achieve a data resolution capturing voltage changes at a 10-microsecond granularity?

Our project is on a tight deadline, and any guidance or suggestions from the community would be immensely appreciated. If additional information is required or if this query would be more suitable in another section of the forum, please let me know.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

1 answer to this question

Hello,

In AD3 the system frequency (ADC, DAC, DIO) is adjustable between 50-125MHz, so the sample rate can be set up to 8ns.
The oscilloscope device buffer can up to 64k samples.
The capture rate is limited by USB latency and can be up to about 2000 captures / second, when capturing up to 256 samples.