Fourth of July -- Digilent US offices closed ×

ADP3450 won't boot

Oleg

Question

Hi, 

After unpacking our new ADP3450 and installing WaveForms 3.21.2, I cannot connect them one to another. 

Powered the device and switched on (green power LED turns on).

Connected by USD cable, but WaveForms fails to detect the device, showing only DEMOs. 

Device Manager shows new devices, though no Digilent of Unknown devices. 

OK         USB             USB Serial Converter                                                             USB\VID_0403...
OK         USB             Generic USB Hub                                                                  USB\VID_0424...

Upon connecting to USB Serial converter with putty it remains silent after pushing reboot button. No blinking LEDs, too.

Are there more troubleshooting options? 

6 answers to this question

Hello @Oleg.

Which OS are you using to run WaveForms and are you using a virtual environment?

Are you connecting the USB cable directly to your target system or using a USB hub? 

What are the specifications of your target system?

Can you test a different USB port and USB cable as well?

Please confirm your USB cable connection to the back of the ADP3450 is the port circled below.

image.png

Are you using the power supply that shipped with the device?

If using Windows OS, verify that Digilent ADP3450 appears under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, in the Windows Device Manager.

image.png

Regards,

Fausto

Hi @Oleg

Make sure the COM port is set to 115.2 kbps 
On reset the firmware should print something like this:
After PL programming, the front LED starts blinking during the software is initialization. For Linux it takes a few seconds, but baremetal (standard/recovery) loads quickly so the LED only blinks once.

image.png

image.png

Hi @Fausto,

I am using Windows 11 (non-virtual environment).

Tried two computers and three USB cables including the one supplied with the device (with indicated type B port),

I confirm I am using the original power supply.

Upon connecting, I see "Generic USB Hub" and "USD Serial Converter" appearing, but no "Digilent" or "Unknown device" appears. 

@attila, following your advices in other topics I tried connecting to the serial terminal (115200 baud, 8 bit, 1 start, no parity) with putty. There are no messages upon pressing reset button (of course if I power down the device the connection gets closed). Also no LED activity: it just stays on. 

Hi @Oleg

Check that you are connected to the correct COM port. COM# becomes available after ADP is turned on/connected, in Windows Device Manager COM# should be FTDIBUS...

If there is no ADP USB device and no output on COM port, this means that the device/Zynq is not booting.
You could open the device (remove rubber feet, unscrew) to make sure that J15 is not shorted with a jumper (behind the Reset button, "USB DEVICE" label). You can remove jumpers (J15, J12) as these are not required. (The J15 is only shorted for initial device programming, then removed for the subsequent testing and calibration. I assume the header was accidentally placed after the procedure.)
If not, the device may have been damaged in transit.
For warranty and replacement contact the support.digilent @ ni.com specifying the Date of Purchase, Seller and Purchase Order/ Web order Number. 

image.png