USB-1024LS Digital I/O

Scott D

Question

5 answers to this question

Hello @Scott D

When does that error occur?  Please reply with a screen capture. 

Does the module's LED turn on at any point?

Which version of Windows OS are you using?

Do you have MCC's InstaCal utility installed on that system?  Please verify if you have a 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Measurement Computing\DAQ' folder on the target system.  If you do not have MCC software installed, then download and install the MCC DAQ software.  Afterwards, with the MCC device connected to the target system, run the InstaCal utility to recognize the device.  Please reply with a screen capture.

Can you test the module with a different USB port or USB cable or PC?

Regards,

Fausto

Fausto,

Thanks for replying.  

The error occurs when the machine software starts.  See pic.  I press OK then I can continue as normal.  Everything works ok.

I'm using Windows 10

The modules LED is on all the time before i turn on computer.

Instacal is installed.  It recognizes board and it is configured correctly.

I have tried multiple modules with same result.

This error is just a nuance for the operator of the machine.

By the way, you work at Navsea in IN?  I have a machine there in the PCB area I have been trying to contact an engineer there but he retired.  Ed Mcatee, do you know him or another people from PCB area I can contact? Would be a great help.

Thanks for your time.

Scott20231019_160733.thumb.jpg.e344c57cd2f5e4c94816e83d59529432.jpg20231019_161348.thumb.jpg.b04ee2be7b16f40e35de049427a7fce8.jpg

20231019_160733.jpg

Hello @Scott D.

Which version of InstaCal are you using?

Digilent supports Measurement Computing (MCC) devices and software, i.e. InstaCal, but not the MULTILINE TECHNOLOGY INC. software application.  Have you reached out to the MULTILINE TECHNOLOGY INC. software developers?

Given the LEDs are on for the MCC modules and both are detected and working in InstaCal, be sure to close InstaCal before launching the other application.  If those are your starting steps, then how do you know the issue is with a MCC device, since you have tested multiple MCC devices with the same outcome?  When did this error begin to occur?

Lastly, we do not have any personnel at Navsea in IN.

Regards,

Fausto

Fausto,

I am the software manufacturer.  The problem started when I upgraded the Obsolete I/O board in computer to the USB-1024LS.  Once I say 'OK' to message the I/O works fine.  I just don't know what condition is happening to generate that message.

Is there a way to contact MC computing tech support16977499610648743150614666900945.thumb.jpg.d2cae30a1ae829ac94a01c8e93fdda12.jpg

@Scott D,

This is Digilent/MCC tech support.

Is your application still looking for the "obsolete I/O board", whether you hard coded the device ID or the application expects it to be 'Board# 0' (missing from your InstaCal screen capture)?  Do you recall the device list order in InstaCal before upgrading to the USB-1024LS device?

If the application was working on the target system with Windows 10 before the device upgrade, then we can holdoff on upgrading InstaCal.  

Please renumber the device in InstaCal.  If the "obsolete I/O board" was 'Board# 0', then reassign the USB-1024LS as 'Board# 0'.  Right click on the USB-1024LS and select 'Change Board #' to change the board number.  Afterwards, retest your application.

Regards,

Fausto