Drivers for using measurement computing daq board and matlab

williamg1900

Question

Trying to run a MATLAB code running this measurement computing DAQ. My coworker formally working on the project got me up to the point of (about to) running the program, but it came up with a few errors. He was quick to diagnose the problem, saying that I need to install specific drivers to get it to work. That's all I know - I am new to MATLAB and using DAQs. Are any of you aware of where to install such drivers?

image.png.ed0af98f5187ff224083b0c73941a6c1.png

6 answers to this question

Hello @williamg1900.

Which MCC daq device are you using? 

Which version of Windows OS and MATLAB are you using?

Do you have MCC's InstaCal utility installed on that system?  Please verify if you have a 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Measurement Computing\DAQ' folder on the target system.  If you do not have MCC software installed, then download and install the MCC DAQ software.  Afterwards, with the MCC device connected to the target system, run the InstaCal utility to recognize the device.  Please reply with a screen capture.

Close InstaCal and launch MATLAB.  Once in MATLAB, run the following command as shown in my screen capture below.

v = daqvendorlist

Do you see the 'mcc' vendor in the list?

image.png

Next, run the following command.

d = daqlist("mcc")

Please reply with a screen capture from your system.

Regards,

Fausto

Hello @Fausto!

I am using the MCC USB-230 series on Windows 11 with MATLAB version R2023b.  I installed the MCC DAQ software to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Measurement Computing\DAQ'

I installed InstaCal through your instruction, please see the screenshot below: (I think it worked and connected to my DAQ)

image.png.a13449b5c2581c2a63a0786a18c56cd7.png

Here is what I have after inputting c = daqvendorlist: (I don't see the mcc)
image.png.cf2273dbf3ab3b67b2bef3cee1c6c6dc.png

It's a given that the following happens when I input  d = daqlist("mcc")
image.png.23addbd2b45bd8a3135aac3071766246.png

Hello @williamg1900.

Thank you for the additional information.  Close InstaCal and launch MATLAB R2023b.  You will need to install MATLAB's Data Acquisition Toolbox and the Data Acquisition Toolbox Support Package for Measurement Computing Hardware, before a supported MCC device can be used in MATLAB.  Click on the Add-Ons menu option and select Manage Add-Ons

image.png

If the list does not show the Data Acquisition Toolbox and the Data Acquisition Toolbox Support Package for Measurement Computing Hardware, then you will need to install them via the Add-On manager's Get Add-Ons.  In the Add-On Explorer search field, enter Data Acquisition Toolbox.

image.png

Afterwards, enter Measurement Computing in the search field to find and then install the Data Acquisition Toolbox Support Package for Measurement Computing Hardware package.

image.png

After both packages have been installed, close the Add-Ons Manager.  From MATLAB's Command Window, run the verdaqvendorlist, and daqlist("mcc") commands.  Does MATLAB detect the MCC vendor and your hardware?  Please respond whether these steps are successful or not. 

image.png

Regards,

Fausto

Hello @Fausto!

Thank you for the help. After running ver, I think I am successful:

image.png.0ba2d12f17d408efd499d4e502fddef2.png

After running daqvendor list, I think I am also successful:

image.png.3fa8d953911db4d02de51a9b8e643cac.png

However, after running daqlist("mcc"), it is not showing any results:

image.png.ed1699208349296b9719bcd46d7691c1.png
I tried with the daq plugged in and not plugged in.  Please let me know what you think