MCC USB-1208HS-4AO:High-Speed USB DAQ Device

Adeel Delshad

Question

I am planning on purchasing device mentioned in the title and wanted to confirm its capabilities before ordering it.

Here is what I am trying to do, I am planning on controlling the device through MATLAB and drive 11 digital inputs/outputs. Also, I will be using 4 analog (DAC) input/outputs to generate desired voltages (range +/- 10V minimum) which will be delivered to CCA. In addition, I will be reading 4 different voltages at 4 location simultaneously, in other words, I plan on using 4  (ADC) to read those voltages from CCA and the range is (+/- 5V minimum). 

Is this device have the capabilities to do such task? My main concern is that can this test box read negative voltages from CCA? 

6 answers to this question

You could use the DT9834-16-4-16-BNC. It's specs are 16-bit, 500kHz, 16 AI, 4 AO, 32 DIO, 5 C/T, BNC Connectors. It requires you to install a previous version of the Data Translation support (7.8.2) and the current DAQ Adapter that adds support to MatLab's daq toolbox to support Data Translation devices.

Otherwise, if you have your heart set on using the USB-1208HS-4AO,  C, C#, VB.NET, Python, LabVIEW, or DASYLab can be used. 

Download our CD and install InstaCal and ULx for LabVIEW. We currently support LabVIEW 2015 through 2023. We put examples in \National Instruments\LabVIEW 2023\Examples\ULx\. Before starting LabVIEW, run InstaCal and add the USB-1208HS-4AO or add a Demo board. Close InstaCal and start LabVIEW. For more information, you can access the ULx for NI LabVIEW help document from LabVIEW's Help menu.