USB-1208FS-Plus Fuse location

Peter Hall

Question

Hello there,

In April this year I purchased a USB-1208FS-plus (serial number 20FAE06) via RS Components in Australia.  I have been very happy with the unit and use it in conjunction with DAQami for some simple data acquisition and DIO.  Unfortunately, the unit developed a fault a few days ago and, before sending it back via warranty channels, I thought it was worth an enquiry to tech support. 

The top-level symptom is that with the unit connected to a known-good USB port, the green LED neither lights nor flickers.  There is some reference in the product literature to a surface-mount power fuse, and a spare located in a holder.  Looking at the PCB I am not seeing these components and, if they are present in my unit, I am hoping you might be able to point me to the location.  Obviously the unit has limited user serviceable parts but I do have a decent lab at my disposal and could at least check the fuse.  In operation the unit is very lightly loaded, with all CMOS or isolated PV solid state relay loads.  However, a check of the power is always worthwhile.

Kind regards, and thanks in advance,

Peter.

2 answers to this question

Hello @Peter Hall.

Which literature are you referencing?

Here is a link to the USB-1208FS-Plus User's Guide:  https://files.digilent.com/manuals/USB-1208FS-Plus.pdf

This device is not field serviceable.  If you are within the one year warranty period, please reach out to RS Components in Australia to arrange for a replacement.

Regards,

Fausto

10 minutes ago, Fausto said:

Hello @Peter Hall.

Which literature are you referencing?

Here is a link to the USB-1208FS-Plus User's Guide:  https://files.digilent.com/manuals/USB-1208FS-Plus.pdf

This device is not field serviceable.  If you are within the one year warranty period, please reach out to RS Components in Australia to arrange for a replacement.

Regards,

Fausto

Thank you Fausto..I was looking at what might be any early-ish product data sheet but I now see that the description of the fuse may apply only to the 1208HS model.  I'll contact RS Components shortly.

Regards,.

Peter.