Retrig mode with USB-1208fs

dnp33

Question

I'm trying to get the RETRIG mode working using the Python interface from mcculw on GitHub but I'm having trouble. The relevant section of the code is as follows:

scan_options = ScanOptions.EXTTRIGGER | ScanOptions.RETRIGMODE |  ScanOptions.BACKGROUND
ul.set_trigger(board_num,TrigType.TRIG_POS_EDGE,0,1)
ul.set_config(InfoType.BOARDINFO, board_num, 0, BoardInfo.ADTRIGCOUNT , 4) 
ul.a_in_scan(board_num, low_chan, high_chan, total_count,rate, ai_range, memhandle, scan_options)

This leads to the error message "Error 52: Invalid option specified for this function."

I am able to run with the EXTTRIGGER setting, however, including RETRIGMODE in the scan parameters seems to break the call to a_in_scan. 

I've tried verifying that the USB-1208FS board supports the RETRIGMODE but I haven't had any luck. Thanks in advance for the help! 

EDIT:

I was able to find in the Universal Library Help that the USB-1208FS does support RETRIGMODE (see below) but I still haven't had any luck getting it to work

image.png.6e3b61e3b319116123066a73e8f12992.png

Edited by dnp33
new information

1 answer to this question

Hello @dnp33.

I am able to reproduce the RETRIGMODE option issue (error 52) with an USB-1208FS and the Python API (mcculw) function a_in_scan(), on my Windows 11 system.  However, the RETRIGMODE option does work with an USB-1208FS and the UL function cbAInScan(), as well as the UL for .NET function AInScan().  

The UL Help should read "The USB-1208FS also supports RETRIGMODE when used with cbAInScan()/AInScan()."

Regards,

Fausto

a_in_scan_background_retrigmode.py program.cpp