Analog Discovery 2 not recognized by windows

A.Chuck

Question

Hello,

I am having issues connecting to my Analog discovery 2, when ever I connect the device to my PC I get the errors I have attached which is USB device descriptor failed. This seems to be some sort of software or Firmware issue as I tried all the PCs I have in my lab and all the USB connectors. the strange thing is that the board was connected and working just fine using the same exact set up until I came in this morning and it won't connect. is there a way for me to factory reset it or re-flash the firmware onto it with out using waveforms ?

Thanks

Chuck

device error detail.PNG

Device manager list.PNG

Windows pop up.PNG

11 answers to this question

I did try multiple ports and cables and its not connecting. The cables I am using are all working for sure and the port works with any other device. is there a way to check if the firmware is corrupted ? or a way to factory reset the board ?

Thanks

Edited by A.Chuck

Ok well the board has no visible damage on any of the components and there shouldn't have been any electric fault that could cause it to break electrically it was just connected to the pc for 3 days that's it and was perfectly functional until this morning where it would just not connect any more. is there anything I can do to get this repaired ?

Hi Attila,

Thanks for the quick replies, it seems like the 3.3V rail is at 5V and not being regulated down to 3.3 but the 1.8V seems to be functional. I am not too sure which chip is the regulator for the 3v3 rail and there isn't any visible damage to any of the chips. if you can point me towards it i can perhaps get it replaced or check if any other parts in that circuit are not functional.

Edited by A.Chuck

Hey attila,

I am not too sure what might have caused this, I had it connected over the weekend through USB thats it. it was in the exact same setup for a more than a week. I will try replacing the controller chip and see if that fixes is.

Hey @attila

I just wanted to say thanks for the help I just replaced the FTDI chip and now all the rails seem to work and it connects to waveforms just fine.

Do I need to reprogram the FTDI chip after replacing ? it seems to function just fine now so I assume I do not need to please let me know if I do need to reprogram if not we can close this ticket.