Dasylab and CompactDAQ Trouble

DanP

Question

Hello, have been using dasylab 11 for nearly 12 years. I now have purchased 2022 version and also a CompactDAQ National Instruments system. Right now I only have three NI modules and they all work in NI Max. However one does not work in dasylab. this is the 16 analog out NI-9264 card.

in dasylab, I built a simple program of a sine wave directly into the AO module.  I then have the physical output from the module going to an oscilloscope to see the actual wave generated.

Prior to dasylab, when checking in NI Max, I am seeing a nice sinusoidal waveform when testing it. But in dasylab, I only see a single steady state value out of it.  I am Not seeing the generated sine wave. Whenever I start and stop (or pause/unpause) dasylab, the analog output signal changes to a new steady value. However I cannot get the analog out to change when dasylab is running. 

Please provide any help as the lab I am in is building 5 of these systems right now and this is the first one we are trying to test. It seems to be a Dasylab issue or an NI Max setting in the task. 

thanks!

1 answer to this question

What version of Windows are you using, and did you install DAQmx 2023?

Close DASYLab and start DAQmx. Create a single channel task configured for Continuous Samples, 100 Samples to Write, and 1k Rate. Test it, save it, and close DAQmx. Startup DASYLab and drop an NI->Analog Output onto the worksheet. Double-click the module and make sure it is set to use the task that you just created. Close the module and find and drop a Generator module onto the worksheet. Connect it to the Analog Output. Set the Generators to generate a 10 Hz sine wave. Close the Generator module and on the Measurement menu find and click Timebase->All settings. Set the DASYLab time base to 1000 Hz with a block size of 100. Close the dialog and run the worksheet. Do you get a sine wave?