Pmod BLE serial profile

LanceH

Question

Hi, I am new to BT communications so I purchased 2 Pmod BLE modules to learn with. One of them worked first time, the other pairs up with my 'phone, but I can not connect to it (serial bluetooth terminal app) as it says: No Serial Profile Found.

So I assume I have to connect it to a wired connection from PC via a USB to UART 3V3 converter and enter Command mode. Once in Command mode I assume I have to set Baud rate.

What other settings do I need to set?

My short term goal is to have the 2 modules for a transparent wireless UART link between 2 micros.

Thanks in advance, Lance.

1 answer to this question

Hi, anyone got any ideas? I have connected the Pmod BLE to my PC with a USB to UART adaptor. I can enter command mode and view and set various parameters. The only difference between the good one and the bad one I have found so far is when I issue the command "D" the Services line came up as 0 instead of C. I have changed that with the command line, but it still does not connect with the error 'No serial profile found'. Can some one please tell how to set up the default serial profile for the Pmod BLE?

Thanks in advance, Lance.