DASYLab 2016 no longer recognizes USB-2527

robinvice

Question

I haven't used this test system for two weeks.  As of 28JUL23 the system was working.

Today, I'm unable to get into my DASYLab files.  When opening, DASYLab presents this dialog:

image.png.b8c1b26a941e5e1f1c935af922e106de.png

InstaCal finds the board and it tests OK:

image.png.1a87f4d22be0c8637b129bf886f638bf.png

I've tried using a different USB port and cable to no avail.  I've run Windows 10 updates and rebooted, to no avail.

How shall I proceed?

Thanks,
robin

16 answers to this question

Hello @robinvice.

Does that message appear when attempting to open DASYLab or when opening your worksheet?

Has the OS version changed since the last time DASYLab worked? 

Has anyone installed a newer version of DASYLab on that machine?

If you click OK, does DASYLab close or can you create a new, simple worksheet?

If unable to continue using DASYLab when launched, then close DASYLab and browse to the 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\DASYLab\16.0.0\eng\worksheets' directory.  Delete the 'last.dsb' file and then restart DASYLab.

Regards,

Fausto

Hi @Fausto,

Thanks for the quick response.

The message appears when opening DASYLab, before getting to open the worksheet.

The OS hasn't changed, other than possibly running Windows 10 updates.

No newer version has been installed.

If I click 'OK' on the error message, DASYLab opens.  If I try to create a new worksheet, I get this dialog:
image.png.b88c3916cd949347c9464ba29748ff5a.png

Deleting last.dsb didn't help.

Confirm that InstaCal is closed before launching DASYLab.

You should only have one Measurement Computing package in the list.  Browse to your 'C:\Program Files (x86)\DASYLab 2016' folder.  Capture a screenshot of all the 'mccdrv' files in that folder.  Also, how many 'mcc*.dlp' files do you have in the 'C:\Program Files (x86)\DASYLab 2016\pool\packages' folder?

Thank you.

Disable the Measurement Computing package in the Configurator and then close it.  Next, browse to the 'C:\Program Files (x86)\DASYLab 2016\pool\packages' folder and rename the 'MCC_DASYLab_Driver_14_1_en.dlp' to 'MCC_DASYLab_Driver_14_1_en.dlp.OLD'.  Afterwards, open the Configurator.  You should only see one Measurement Computing package.  If so, then enable the package and close the Configurator.  Open DASYLab 2016 and thenopen your worksheet.  Alternatively, drag-n-drop the MCC-DRV Analog Input module onto the worksheet and verify if the USB-2527 board is available.

Please confirm the .NET Framework 3.5 is enabled in Windows - Control Panel - Programs and Features.  If you still have an issue, then you may have to uninstall and reinstall DASYLab 2016.  Disable the Measurement Computing package prior to uninstalling the application.

image.png