The Universal Library seems very outdated

Claus Andersen

Question

I have purchased a USB-231 in the hope to integrate it into our exsiting .NET 7 64 bit application. Examining the example applications howver leaves me quite disappointed though as everything seems to have been left untouched for a decade.

Do you have some more modern C# based examples? Alternatively, how do I acquire the C headers (this will at least enable me to create my own C# wrapper)?

2 answers to this question

Hello @Claus Andersen.

The MCC Universal Library is not supported under Microsoft .NET Core or .NET 7.  The installed MCC DAQ examples have not changed.  The C header file (cbw.h) and libraries (cbw32.dll and cbw64.dll) are located in the 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\Measurement Computing\DAQ\C' folder.

Regards,

Fausto

On 8/8/2023 at 9:43 AM, Fausto said:

Hello @Claus Andersen.

The MCC Universal Library is not supported under Microsoft .NET Core or .NET 7.  The installed MCC DAQ examples have not changed.  The C header file (cbw.h) and libraries (cbw32.dll and cbw64.dll) are located in the 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\Measurement Computing\DAQ\C' folder.

Regards,

Fausto

That's too bad.  We're one of your old customers who is seriously considering jumping ship especially considering the lack of ongoing support for MCCDAQ and .NET.  None of our new hardware development is taking continued dependencies on your products for this very reason.  The existing .NET MCCDAQ assembly appears to simply be a wrapper around your cbw32.dll (32-bit) and cbw64.dll (64-bit) C drivers.  It's a relatively simple (though tedious) exercise to rebuild the existing wrapper and target netstandard2.0 instead.  If you did that it would be consumable by both .NET Framework and .NET Core customers.