USB-2001-TC LabVIEW

Hugh

Question

I am trying to write a LabVIEW routine that will set up and read the temeprature from the USB-2001-TC with a K-type thermocouple.

I have downloaded all the software from MCCDaqCD. The device works with the DAQami software and is recognised when I load the InstaCal software.

I have also downloaded all (I think) of the LabVIEW subVIs into a folder:

Create Channel

CreateWfm

Ctls

Miscellaneous

Read

Task

Timing

Trigger

Write

+ ULx_LV.dll

which if I've understood correctly should be enough to write a simple program to read the temperature from the thermocouple.

However, when I try to use the Create Channel subVI, it asks me for a physical channel input but there is no option to select the device.

I've also downloaded the LabVIEW routine titled 'USB-2001-TC_DAQFlex Example.vi' which a) doesn't not use the same subVIs I've listed above and b) won't run without DAQFlex.dll which I can't find anywhere in the downloaded material.

Any assistance in writing a simple LabVIEW routine to read the temperature would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 answer to this question

Hello,

Unlike the DAQami software, the ULx for LabVIEW support relies on InstaCal to configure the device. So, drop out of LabVIEW and run InstaCal. It will locate the USB-2001-TC and add it to its board list. Double-mouse-click the new item and configure the thermocouple type. LabVIEW reads the InstaCal setup once when it starts up, so always run InstaCal and then LabVIEW. 

In the folder ..\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2023\Examples\ULlx\Analog In\, there is a Measure Temperature LLB that contains a single VI that reads a temperature device like the USB-2001-TC. Your device will be listed as Dev0/Ti0 - Dev0 indicates board number zero. Put a loop around the read vi to make it continuous.

Best regards,
John