Measuring temperature using Matlab

Dear MCC Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to discuss an issue I encountered while attempting to measure temperature using the USB-2408 device in conjunction with Matlab. Although I have successfully obtained voltage measurements through the data acquisition (DAQ) capabilities, I am unable to directly measure temperature values.

Considering that temperature measurements are a common requirement in various applications, it seems counterintuitive that users are unable to utilize the USB-2408 device for this purpose. I believe that incorporating temperature measurement functionality would greatly enhance the device's versatility and usability for a wide range of users.

Therefore, I would like to kindly request if it would be possible for MCC to provide a Matlab code that enables temperature measurements with the USB-2408 device. Such a code would be immensely beneficial to users like myself who rely on Matlab for data analysis and acquisition.

Alternatively, if providing a dedicated code is not feasible, I would like to inquire if MCC could provide access to the cold junction temperature. This would allow users to develop their own custom codes to calculate temperature measurements based on the voltage readings obtained from the USB-2408 device.

I sincerely believe that addressing this issue would greatly enhance the capabilities of the USB-2408 device and further solidify MCC's commitment to providing excellent user experience. Your support in resolving this matter would be immensely appreciated.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I eagerly look forward to your response.

The common misconception is MCC created the DAQ Toolbox 'mcc' library. This is not the case. Mathworks created the support and chose to support only select devices and features. Check out this page https://www.mathworks.com/hardware-support/measurement-computing.html.  Specifically, the following note:

Note: The support package does not support counter/timer subsystems, digital I/O subsystems, triggered acquisition, specialized voltage measurements (thermocouple, etc.), or the use of Simulink data acquisition blocks for Measurement Computing DAQ hardware.

Also, after the device list, they say:

* Analog output (AO) streaming is not supported.

MCC doesn't provide MatLab support for MCC devices. You could investigate calling custom C functions within MatLab and use our C DLL functions. https://www.mathworks.com/help/coder/ug/call-cc-code-from-matlab-code.html. Documentation for our C API can be found here.