How do I programmatically determine the maximum sample rate of a Mcc device in LabVIEW?

banksey255

Question

I am adding support for Measurement Computing hardware to a LabVIEW application that I want to be compatible with any device supported by ULx. How do I programmatically determine the sample rate limits for any given task for any given ULx for NI LabVIEW supported hardware?

So far, the only way I have found to somewhat accomplish this is using the current version of ULx for NI LabVIEW by passing infinity as the rate to "ULx Timing (Sample Clock).vi", which then generates an error whose message contains the maximum sample rate rounded down to the nearest integer, and then pass zero as the rate and get an error whose message contains the minimum sample rate to three decimal places. However, I am not satisfied with this precision.

The only alternative I have identified that does not lose precision requires modifying ULx for NI LabVIEW, however I would prefer not to have to resort to this. Have I overlooked a way to get these limits?

Edited by banksey255

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet