The latest DAQami is dead after 6 hours voltage recording with 5 channels

shuaiwangwpi

Question

Dear Staff

I install the latest version of DAQami and my USB 2408 connected with 5 channels at the same time. The voltage recording worked properly in the first 6 hours, but after that, all results go down to zero. And this morning, the software showed the device not responding and the strip window can't show anything even a zero line, and the time doesn't go. (please see pictures)

I realized the bottom lightbulb keep flashing when i connected the USB 2408 to the computer.

Could you please confirm the DAQami and USB 2408 are capable to connect with over 2 channels and run over 2 days (the voltage for each channel is 30V)?

We really appreciate your help

IMG_2393.jp2 IMG_2391.jp2 IMG_2394.jp2 IMG_2396.jp2 IMG_2395.jp2

Edited by shuaiwangwpi

3 answers to this question

Hello @shuaiwangwpi.

Yes, DAQami is capable of acquiring and saving data for long periods provided the target system has enough space for the data.  Virus scan and Windows updates should be disabled prior to starting the acquisitions.

With regards to your input's voltage levels, the USB-2408 has a maximum voltage input range of +/-10 V.  Connecting a voltage level of 30 V will damage the USB-2408.

https://www.mccdaq.com/pdfs/manuals/USB-2408.pdf

Regards,

Fausto

13 minutes ago, Fausto said:

Hello @shuaiwangwpi.

Yes, DAQami is capable of acquiring and saving data for long periods provided the target system has enough space for the data.  Virus scan and Windows updates should be disabled prior to starting the acquisitions.

With regards to your input's voltage levels, the USB-2408 has a maximum voltage input range of +/-10 V.  Connecting a voltage level of 30 V will damage the USB-2408.

https://www.mccdaq.com/pdfs/manuals/USB-2408.pdf

Regards,

Fausto

Thank you for the response, we also connect a 10 ohm resistor but seems like it can't reduce the voltage, would you mind recommending any similar USB Voltage Measurement USB DAQ Device which can carry 30V?

thank you