SDK ISE 14.6

Gaston1980

Question

Hi to all, Im using Xilinx ISE 14.6 on Linux Tumbleweed 64 OS. Im able to create projects on EDK and export to SDk, but Im unabled to debug the software on hardware. Everytime I tried to launch in hardware I got this error message:

error.thumb.png.425c223093c6a33b53a66475188a17e0.png

Things that I already tried:

1)Unistall and re install Xilinx ISE

2)Install java 1.8 on linux but the same error

3)I already check permission and Im able to use impact to program the fpga

I know is something related to java, but don't know how to solve it.

Regards

GAstón

3 answers to this question

I managed to install ISE 14.7 on my WIn10 box. IMPACT doesn't work on that OS either. The problem is 32-bit compatibility most likely.

I still use Spartan 3 and Spartan 6 and ISE on a modern OS can create a bitstream. For configuration on Win10 the Adept Utility for Windows works just fine ( for supported devices ). For devices that aren't supported it's possible to add a line to a text file in most cases.

Those old PCs running Win98 might be just fine for Centos 7 or other ancient Linux distribution with Kernel predating 2.7. One way or another if you won't or can't find a tool that's compatible with the OS that you want to use you have your work cut out for you.  But Tumbleweed? Don't expect to find that on the list of any compatible FPGA vendor tool supported OSes. Some people like a challenge more than productivity.

zygot. Saddly I was able to make it work on tumbleweed but due to external issues (burn my disk and I re install everything) Im unable now to solve this issue. I can use ISE and create project wirhout problems. BUt debug the soft on SDK (launch on hardware) is not working at all. I have java 11 and 17 along with 1.8 on this machine but SDk keep throwing this error. Screenshot_20230620_173109.thumb.png.b80a4f44788b5cb31312067bc4b84c54.png

this is my config for debug the system but till now no changes. this error persist!