MCC-DRV module folder missing.

ppon

Question

Hello, I have installed DL 2020 and the folder "MCC-DRV" is missing in the input/ output tree. I have it checked in the configurator. This has happened to me several years ago, but I have forgot how to remedy the problem. Thanks, in advance.

4 answers to this question

Hello @ppon.

Which version of Windows are you using?

Which version of InstaCal do you have installed?

What is the version and build of DASYLab installed on that system?  Using DASYLab or the Configurator, go to HELP - ABOUT for a screen capture.

Do you have other versions of DASYLab installed on that system?

Using Windows' Control Panel - Programs and Features, select the 'Turn Windows features on or off' side-menu option.  Verify both .NET Framework 3.5 (which includes 2.0 and 3.0) and .NET Framework 4.8 features are selected. 

image.png

Also, verify that you have at least Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x86 Redistributable or Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x86) installed on your Windows system.

image.png

If you do not have it, then go to ‘https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26999'  and click the Download button.  Next, select the file ‘vcredist_x86.exe’ (Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable x86).  Download this file to your computer.  Close DASYLab and the Configurator before launching the installation.  Afterwards, restart your system.  Once back into Windows, launch DASYLab and verify if the MCC-DRV branch is present. 

If you still do not see the MCC-DRV branch in DASYLab, try disabling the Measurement Computing package from the Configurator.  Exit the Configurator and then go back into the Configurator to re-enable the Measurement Computing package.  Close the Configurator and open DASYLab.  Do you see the MCC-DRV branch?

Please reply with screen captures of the files and folders in your 'C:\Program Files (x86)\DASYLab 2020' folder.

Regards,

Fausto

I believe my problem comes from when I installed the following by accident. DL 2022 16.0.0 build 501 then I installed the following but did not uninstall 2022.

I have InstaCal = 6.73, installed on a Windows 10 pro, with DL 2020, 15.0.0, build 339. as a runtime system which matches my DL 2020 Pro. programing environment.

Net framework installed, 3.5 and 4.8

Also see attached. Let me know what you think. Hopefully I have answered most of your questions.

Thanks for the help.

Screenshot 2023-06-13 084150.png

Screenshot 2023-06-13 090255.png

Hello @ppon.

Thank you for the additional information and screen captures.  Starting with DASYLab 2020, open the Configurator and copy the serial number.  Select the packages tab and deselect the Measurement Computing package.  Close the Configurator and then uninstall DASYLab 2020.

Next, open the DASYLab 2022 Configurator and save a copy of that serial number.  Select the packages tab and deselect the Measurement Computing package.  Close the Configurator and then uninstall DASYLab 2022.

Restart the target system.  Determine which version of DASYLab you intend to use and install it.  Once in the Configurator, enable the Measurement Computing package before closing the Configurator.  Afterwards, launch DASYLab and verify if the MCC-DRV modules branch is visible.

Regards,

Fausto