1024LS I/O compatibility with LabVIEW

Steve Turner

Question

I have 3 USB-1024LS digital units, 2 are for output 1 for input. At start of LabVIEW the input module sends a 5 volt signal out to all pins. After I run a digital test with  InstaCal it shows a failure and then turns the 5 volt signal off and is then ready for input. I test each pin with a 5 volt signal and it picks up the signal LabVIEW, however each consecutive test on the same pin shows a random input location in LabVIEW (i.e. a different light goes on each time I test the pin location).

Question, Is your product compatible with LabVIEW in a digital input. It appears to be compatible with digital output.

3 answers to this question

Hi Steve,

The USB-1024LS ports can be used for input or output. I've attached a simple LabVIEW 2020 example demonstrating using one device for both. It is configured to communicate with the device that InstaCal has set to board zero. For stimulus, wire the eight pins from port A to B. 

In your application, I recommend putting all the ULx Create Channel VI's in an initialization section executed once in your program. You don't want to create another channel elsewhere because doing so could reset the IO lines previously set. In addition, disconnected input terminals can show any state and often will reflect an adjacent pin.

Best regards,
John

USB_1024_Input_Output.vi

Thanks for the information. The file you sent is the same as the programming I am using in LabVIEW. At this point I have decided to move on to a National Instruments device. This device is still unstable when combined with 2 other similar (1024LS) devices running at the same time in the same program.