MCC DAQ - USB-1608GX-2AO, A/D converter hangs in 10V level

jiriz

Question

Dear technicians,

I have a measurement system, with the board USB-1608GX-2AO, a PC with Windows 10 Enterprise 21H2, and InstaCal 6.73. The measurement system has to work continuously. Quite regularly (cca. within several days) happen, the USB devices connected to the PC suddenly fail. Power Management setup and sleeping mode in Windows OS are switched off for every USB Hub and device. Other USB devices besides the USB-1608GX-2AO log the FT_IO_ERROR if they contain an FTDI chip and can reconnect. Unfortunately, the MCC device USB-1608GX-2AO remains in an error state. A/D converters hang at the 10 Voltage level and are not working at all. Calibration of the A/D converter in InstaCal cannot be done, it finishes with an error, that the maximum voltage range has been reached. I also tried to uninstall the USB drivers in Device Manager in Windows and everything possible but without success. Only physical unplugging of the USB cable helps and put it back. I would like to avoid that, therefore I'm asking you for your help. If there exists some way how to recover the connection for the MCC USB device without unplugging the cable, I would be very glad for your advice.

1 answer to this question

Hello @jiriz.

My suggestion would have been to uninstall the device via Windows Device Manager, but you confirmed that does not work.  Can you describe 'all' your device connections and configurations to your Windows system?

Are you able to test that USB-1608GX-2AO module with another Windows system?

Are you able to test another USB-1608GX-2AO module with that system?

Regards,

Fausto