Error during Uninstall/Upgrade from InstaCal Version 6.70

Gerin G

Question

I recently was migrated to a new PC at work.  In doing so a majority of the functionality of InstaCal and MCC DAQ were lost.  In attempting to upgrade the libraries and installs to the latest version the installer is not allowing me to execute the upgrade simply becuase it is unable to located the file ICalUL.msi on my machine.  I have searched high and low and am unable to locate it.  Is there a way to uninstall both InstaCal and DAQami without the msi files that appear to be missing from my machine after the migration?

5 answers to this question

@Fausto that is exactly what I am trying to do when I get the error.  During the uninstall process (while attempting to install the latest mccdaq.exe) it is trying to locate a files that does not exist on my PC.  The user "andrew.bowley.na" is not even an option in my C: drive.  The same type of error will pop up when attempting to update the DAQami software.

image.png.db53e10bd1de947229d5c51120ee78ed.png

@Gerin G,

Are you able to uninstall the MCC software from the Control Panel - Programs and Features?

image.png

At some point, your system had a user "andrew.bowley.na".  That user is not in the MCC installer.  Please reach out to your IT Dept for assistance.

Note, the installer should reside on the target system when you run it.  The installation files must go onto a local system and not to a network drive.

Regards,

Fausto

I get the same error when attempting to uninstall from the control panel.  Andrew Bowley is a former IT rep at my company but is no longer employed here.  If they are unable to locate the files for the uninstall what is the approach to remove InstaCal and DAQami so that I can move forward with a fresh install to get my systems back up and running?