ADP5250 Interoperability with Waveforms and other devices using Digilents Matlab Toolbox

JimR2

Question

I've recently added a ADP5250 to my equipment list, and am running into a strange inter-operability problem with the Matlab Digilent Toolbox.

I've had by bench setup to use multiple running instances of Waveforms doing signal generation, test sequencing and data collection from ADC's on various FPGA platforms. The testing was coordinated from Matlab, which was never an issue before trying to integrate the 5250.

It appears that when I do a "daqreset" and a "daqlist" in Matlab, I get the following (see pic1). One of the unknown devices is a Eclypse board with AWG and Digitizer ZMods, configured for Waveforms. The other unknown is the 5250. 

Pic #2 shows the relevant Matlab code, where I do a "daqreset" and "daqlist", and then extract the deviceID for the DDiscovery and ADP3450 which Matlab will use.

The other devices in the list usually will be connected via a Waveforms instance and script running in Waveforms. The problem arises when I try to connect the 5250 to Waveforms. Then the Matlab script goes from working, to the following in Pic #3 error message? Worse, it gets stuck in a loop that you can't cntrl-C out of, and needs to be killed via the Task Manager!

None of the other devices cause this interplay when connected to waveforms? Seems the 5250 behaves differently the the other devices (even the Eclypse) when queried by "daqlist" to catastrophic end?

Any help understanding and working around this would be greatly appreciated. I had my bench fine tuned, and everything was working very well, but the 5250 seems to not behave and integrate like my other Digilent devices.

Thanks, JimR2

Pic1 - DeviceList

image.png.89829301466bf23ecc1a4fda072be298.png

Pic#2 - Matlab Code

image.png.d464c282e49e81e101f5b376d3a22763.png

Pic3 - Error Message in Matlab when 5250 connected to Wavevforms

image.png.006533023808880eca7a04d328739a6d.png

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet