Zedboard DMA Audio Demo

RAJAT99

Question

4 answers to this question

Hi @RAJAT99,

I was able to get the project set up in Vivado 2018.2 using the release files as described in the readme, without encountering errors, and managed to record audio from line in and play it back over hph out. What version of the tools are you using, and what are the specific errors you encountered?

Thanks,

Arthur

Thanks @artvvbI am using vivado 2022.2 ML edition and vitis. I have updated Ips and generated bit stream in vivado again. I have exported hardware and create hardware paltform again. Then I have imported sdk project like described in readme. I have got these errors in vitis (attached in jpg file). For solution I have commented in demo.h file in line 116 (volatile sDemo_t Demo;) and   paste it (volatile sDemo_t Demo;) in demo.c file . Then project has been built in vitis but when I run program on hardware, fnInitAudio() function status failed in demo.c file in line 206.

error.JPG

Edited by RAJAT99

The proposed fix for moving the Demo declaration to the C file worked for me in 2022.2. Please make sure that the Demo.verbose bit is set, and what error messages are you seeing?

image.png

(added the 2022.2 text as the only other change to ensure I was running the right project)

It's possible that an IP minor version change in the I2C controller could be affecting things, but the changes between rev 2.0 and 2.1 of AXI IIC appear to be pretty small.

To check possible differences, what revision of the board do you have (mine's a new rev F), and have you successfully run the demo in 2018.2?

Thanks,

Arthur