Using USB-234 with DAQmx in LabVIEW

lxbox825

Question

I'm reusing a LabVIEW project with new MCC hardware. I don't want to have to rewrite the whole thing as it looks really complex. The old application is using DAQmx and I believe a USB-2408-2AO for acquiring the analog info.

I am reading the Analog information from my new device (USB-234) using InstaCal so the device is working. However, since the USB-234 device doesn't show up in NI-MAX because it uses ULx how can I access the Analog Input and Digital Outputs in my application? Would the USB-2408-2AO be easier to integrate since the old application is expecting this hardware? Please advise

EFL_Analog_Source.png

1 answer to this question

Hello @lxbox825.

MCC daq modules are not supported by NI DAQmx.  You need to install the MCC DAQ software for InstaCal and ULx for NI LabVIEW.  Connect your MCC device before launching InstaCal.  After the device has been detected by InstaCal, close InstaCal and then launch LabVIEW.

https://www.mccdaq.com/Software-Downloads

image.png

Take a look at the 'ULx Acq&Graph Voltage-Int Clk-Dig Start.vi' example, found in the 'C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2022\examples\ULx\Analog In\Measure Voltage.llb' file.  (Note: At the time of this post, ULx for NI LabVIEW is not supported in LabVIEW 2023.)

image.png

Regards,

Fausto