Sequential Operation using Discovery studio (or 2) with power supply

HHB

Question

Recently, we are experimenting with 1) Analogue Discovery studio 2) Discovery 2 3) Power supply DPS3340. 

I would like to ask how to write a script to perform sequential operations as shown in the attached picture.

image.thumb.png.2c3cd5c9cc70f367f31a15393568f651.png

6 answers to this question

Hi @HHB

How tight does your timing need to be? Even without scripting you can set up something similar for the AD2/ADS, independent channels with wait/run/repeat settings configured individually can be used to run the second wavegen channel after the first:

image.png

And the scope can be triggered from the Wavegen, placing the trigger on the end of either channel's playback, plus the window can be moved based on the Time settings (position and base):

image.png

In this setup, run the scope first using "Single", then start the AWG. My setup for the screenshot is just looping both AWG channels back to scope channels, hardware is an ADP3450, but the AD2 shouldn't be substantially different for this.

All of these settings should be able to be updated in the Script instrument, including starting the instruments. There are example scripts for each instrument built into the Script instrument, "Scope & Wavegen" should be helpful. Associated script commands can be seen in the bottom left of the app when you hover over each UI element. Using the DPS3340 with "Select+" should let you use it in the same instance of WaveForms, controlled from the same script, though getting extremely precise timing for when it turns on could be an issue since there are no hardware triggers to start it.

WaveForms SDK might also be helpful.

Thanks,

Arthur

Hi @HHB

You can use the Select+ to open a device + the DPS.

The latest version fixes an issue with this Select+

If you want to generate signal on the AWG then:

image.png

If you only want DC signal on the AWGs you could also use custom patterns; and synchronized, finite run and repeat 1, like this:

image.png

image.png

You could also trigger AWGs on PS output through Trigger IOs, eventually using voltage divider resistors:

image.png

I installed ADP3250 and DPS3340 newly purchased a few days ago as shown in Figure 1. And, I tried to perform the experiment as you told me, but I keep getting an error message (Figure 2) Figure2Errormessage.thumb.JPG.b7570fc3e29442cabdfd5aeb51993ea8.JPGFigure1instrumentsetting.JPG.4afe20159a852735c3a9dfc2a5d2eb6e.JPG. I would be grateful if you could tell me how to do it.