Matlab / Instacal - compatible versions

RBSvensson

Question

I am having some issues getting Matlab to detect my MCC - USB-205 (the "daqvendorlist" command lists it as "Not operational" with a "failed status code" of -226). To help troubleshooting I would like an updated list of compatible Instacal and Matlab / "Data Acquisition Toolbox Support Package for Measurement Computing Hardware" versions (the Matlab homepage only lists up to Matlab version 2020a).

I am currently running Matlab 2021a, with the MCC support package version 21.1.0, and I have tried Instacal versions 6.60, 6.70, 6.71 and 6.73. (I can detect the board in all versions of Instacal, but Matlab always throws the same error)

I have access to other versions of Matlab, but before I start going through every combination of Matlab and Instacal version I would like to know which ones are supposed to be compatible.

Any other suggestions are of course also very welcome.

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

It seems I solved the problem. Apparently my Matlab was not completely up to date, so I installed update 8 from the "Updates" pane in the Add-on Manager (was running update 5 before) and I uninstalled Instacal, then reinstalled the MCC support package (which also installs Instacal v.6.60, but it wasn't working previously) and now it works.

Having a list of the compatible versions might still be useful to others though.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Rene

Hello @RBSvensson.

Good to know you resolved your issue.  If your target Windows 64-bit system does not have the Measurement Computing (MCC) Universal Library and drivers installed already, then downloading the 'Data Acquisition Toolbox Support Package for Measurement Computing Hardware' will also force the "Third-Party Package" (MCC Universal Library v6.60) to be downloaded and installed.  Afterwards, you can install the current version of MCC's InstaCal.  Be sure to use MCC's InstaCal utility, in order to detect the module first, and then close InstaCal before launching MATLAB R2017a (or newer).  

Here is the list of hardware support packages for the different versions of MATLAB.

https://www.mathworks.com/hardware-support/system-requirements.html

File Exchange location for the Data Acquisition Toolbox Support Package for Measurement Computing Hardware:

https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/61373-data-acquisition-toolbox-support-package-for-measurement-computing-hardware

Regards,

Fausto