DA9062 PMIC

janardhan

Question

Dear team,

we have purchased 410-319 artix-7 FPGA evaluation board. gone through the schematic revisions. in 2015 C2 revision, ADP5052ACPZ-R7 is used as PMIC but in latest revision E2, it was mentioned as DA9062-00AM1. now, we are planning to develop our own board. so, have you faced any issues with ADP part regarding power on & off sequence? can we use ADP part in our new board?

6 answers to this question

Hi @janardhan,

As far as I know from my position outside of the development process was that there were not any challenges with the ADP5052 PMIC. My understanding is that somebody high enough up the chain made the business decision to change which PMIC was used, so R&D said "yes boss" and did so.

Thanks,
JColvin

14 hours ago, JColvin said:

Hi @janardhan,

As far as I know from my position outside of the development process was that there were not any challenges with the ADP5052 PMIC. My understanding is that somebody high enough up the chain made the business decision to change which PMIC was used, so R&D said "yes boss" and did so.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi colvin,

thanks for the quick reply. i have few queries regarding this ADP IC. regarding Power on sequence of Artix-7 family, VCCINT-> VCCBRAM->VCCAUX->VCCO. in this ADP IC, the power on Sequence was controlled by Enable signals of Buck regulators. regarding Power Off sequence of Artix-7 family, it is the reverse sequence. so, whether this ADP IC supports this Power Off sequence?

PMIC.PNG

On 4/6/2023 at 12:47 PM, janardhan said:

Hi colvin,

thanks for the quick reply. i have few queries regarding this ADP IC. regarding Power on sequence of Artix-7 family, VCCINT-> VCCBRAM->VCCAUX->VCCO. in this ADP IC, the power on Sequence was controlled by Enable signals of Buck regulators. regarding Power Off sequence of Artix-7 family, it is the reverse sequence. so, whether this ADP IC supports this Power Off sequence?

PMIC.PNG

11 hours ago, JColvin said:

Hi @janardhan,

I do not see anything in the ADP5052 datasheet indicating that it would directly support and handle the recommended power-off sequence mentioned in DS181 for you.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi,

thanks for the reply. as ADP5052 IC used in earlier version of evaluation board, did you face any problems regarding reliability of the devices? the below is mentioned in DS181 datasheet.

image.thumb.png.7cccdbf5d9e3d75a195e11659f13f982.png