Complex triggering requirement

sam56

Question

Hi, I'm considering purchasing a MC Computing DAQ that has simultaneous input sampling. My application requires a particular voltage output to be applied in response to the ratio of two analog inputs.

From their online documentation, it looks like the DAQs offered from MC Computing can only trigger an output based on level/slope changes. Is there a way to implement a more complex triggering without substantial reductions in the maximum sampling rate? (Note: I have not yet bought a DAQ, but I'm looking at the USB-1808, USB-1808X, and USB-1608HS)

2 answers to this question

Hello @sam56.

From your brief description, it seems your application does some data processing before initiating an analog output signal.  Please elaborate on your requirements.  An external hardware trigger can initiate an analog output operation with the USB-1808 Series, but not with the USB-1608HS-2AO.

https://www.mccdaq.com/pdfs/manuals/USB-1808X.pdf

https://www.mccdaq.com/pdfs/manuals/USB-1608HS-2AO.pdf

Regards,

Fausto

I have two analog inputs. I need to do a mathematical computation on that input. This mathematical computation will likely just be a division between the two inputs, although I might also need to do a couple other operations (addition, subtraction). I might need to take into account previous inputs as well. I need the output to be triggered if the result of my mathetmatic computation meets a certain threshold. There also will likely need to be a couple ms delay in that output as well. I attached some pseudocode if that helps.

pseudo_code.txt