Does DASYLab2016 support usb1608G?

xun liu

Question

I added the Measurement Computering package in Cofigurator, Instacal can read the usb1608G, and the connection light of usb1608g is also on. But there is no MCC option in Dasylab2016 Inputs/Outputs module. How can I solve this problem?

5 answers to this question

Hello @xun liu.

Yes, DASYLab 2016 does support the USB-1608G, but that is not your issue. 

Have you used DASYLab 2016 or other versions on your system?

Which Windows OS are you running?

Which version of InstaCal do you have?

Please confirm that the Measurement Computing package is enabled in the Configurator. 

Regards,

Fausto

Edited by Fausto
Added comment.

22 hours ago, Fausto said:

Hello @xun liu.

Yes, DASYLab 2016 does support the USB-1608G, but that is not your issue. 

Have you used DASYLab 2016 or other versions on your system?

Which Windows OS are you running?

Which version of InstaCal do you have?

Please confirm that the Measurement Computing package is enabled in the Configurator. 

Regards,

Fausto

Thank you for your reply. The computer system is Windows10, x64bit. There are dasylab2016 version and dasylab12.0 on this computer, and the version of InstaCal is 6.73. The status of the measurement computing package in the dasylab konfigurator 2016 is already a green checkmark. But there is also no MCC option in Dasylab2016 Inputs/Outputs module. What should i do next?

Looking forward to your reply

Regards,

Xun 

Hello @xun liu.

Using Windows' Control Panel - Programs and Features, select the 'Turn Windows features on or off' side-menu option.  Verify both .NET Framework 3.5 (which includes 2.0 and 3.0) and .NET Framework 4.8 features are selected. 

image.png

Which version of DASYLab 2016 did you install?  From the top menu of the DASYLab 2016 Configurator, select Help - About.  Afterwards, verify the Measurement Computing package remained enabled in the Configurator, before launching DASYLab 2016.

image.png

Close the Configurator and open DASYLab 2016.  Do you see the MCC-DRV branch?

image.png

If you do not see the MCC-DRV branch, then close DASYLab 2016 and reopen the Configurator.  Disable the Measurement Computing package and close the Configurator.  Uninstall Dasylab 2016 from Windows' Control Panel - Programs and Features.  Reboot your system and then install DASYLab 2016 SP1. 

https://mcc.download.ni.com/#Archive/DASYLab/DASYLab2016/DASYLab_2016.0.1 SP1/DASYLab_2016.0.1_CD/

Afterwards, re-enable the Measurement Computing package in the Configurator before launching DASYLab.  Do you see the MCC-DRV branch?

Regards,

Fausto

13 hours ago, Fausto said:

Hello @xun liu.

Using Windows' Control Panel - Programs and Features, select the 'Turn Windows features on or off' side-menu option.  Verify both .NET Framework 3.5 (which includes 2.0 and 3.0) and .NET Framework 4.8 features are selected. 

image.png

Which version of DASYLab 2016 did you install?  From the top menu of the DASYLab 2016 Configurator, select Help - About.  Afterwards, verify the Measurement Computing package remained enabled in the Configurator, before launching DASYLab 2016.

image.png

Close the Configurator and open DASYLab 2016.  Do you see the MCC-DRV branch?

image.png

If you do not see the MCC-DRV branch, then close DASYLab 2016 and reopen the Configurator.  Disable the Measurement Computing package and close the Configurator.  Uninstall Dasylab 2016 from Windows' Control Panel - Programs and Features.  Reboot your system and then install DASYLab 2016 SP1. 

https://mcc.download.ni.com/#Archive/DASYLab/DASYLab2016/DASYLab_2016.0.1 SP1/DASYLab_2016.0.1_CD/

Afterwards, re-enable the Measurement Computing package in the Configurator before launching DASYLab.  Do you see the MCC-DRV branch?

Regards,

Fausto

hello, DASYLab 2016 is the fullversion, here are some details, DASYLab: Release 14.0.0, Build 477, Oct.11.2016; Driver DLL: IotdcDASY, May.28.2009; virtual driver: DaqCOM 2.4.0.1.

I checked the control panel, the .NET Framework 3.5 feature is not turned on. After I opened it and uninstalled and installed the mcc package again, there is still no mcc-drv branch in dasylab.

I would like to ask you, is this problem be solved only by uninstalling dasylab? The computer I am using now is a laboratory computer. There are many packages in konfigurator used by others. When I uninstall and reinstall, do I need to enter the Codenummber again, and is the other package used by others still there?

Regards,

Xun 

Hello.

This is not a common issue.  Did you enable both .NET Framework 3.5 (which includes 2.0 and 3.0) and .NET Framework 4.8 features, in Windows Control Panel?  Please do this step first, followed by uninstalling and reinstalling the Measurement Computing package in the Configurator.  If that does not resolve your issue, then disable all your packages in the Configurator and uninstall DASYLab.  You will need the license number when you reinstall DASYLab.

Regards,

Fausto