More MCC172's are viewed as connected than physically are

Joshua_W

Question

When I run the command 'sudo daqhats_read_eeproms' on my raspberry pi connected to 2 MCC172's with addresses 0 and 1 respectively, the command says that there are mcc's on addresses 0-7. Clearly this is incorrect and unfortunately breaks my code which relies on the list_hats command. It seems like all data collection on these MCC's works fine. But clearly this should not be happening.

Is there any way I can fix this?

6 answers to this question

Hello @Joshua_W.

Browse to the '/etc/mcc/hats' directory.  There you should find an eeprom (.bin) file.  Close any applications that may be communicating with the MCC DAQ HATs.  Rename the .bin file.  For example: 

sudo mv eeprom_1.bin eeprom_1.bin.txt

Next, launch the MCC DAQ HAT Manager application.  Click the 'Read EEPROMs' button and afterwards click the 'List Devices' button option.  Alternatively, run the command 'sudo daqhats_read_eeproms' from a terminal, followed by 'daqhats_list_boards'.

Do these steps clear the extra addresses?

Regards,

Fausto

I tried moving all the eeproms_#.bin 's to another location and there is nothing to my knowledge that is communicating with the hats. I then again tried running 'daqhats_read_eeproms" and again it lists that it is connected to boards 0-7. Oddly enough however, I then call 'daqhats_list_boards' and it reports that there are 0 boards connected. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the daqhats library to no avail.

I am using a raspberry pi 4B on Raspbian 11. I rm'ed all the files in that directory and than ran the command again. It regenerated all the files that I deleted. Another interesting side affect is that 2 MCC's are unable to sync clocks if one is in master mode and the other in slave. Regardless of which one is which, but are both able to configure their clock locally.

@Joshua_W ,

Please delete all eeproms_#.bin files in the '/etc/mcc/hats' directory and shutdown your RPi.  Disconnect the power supply and remove the top MCC 172 board at address 1.  Reconnect the power supply and then restart your RPi, with only one MCC 172 board at address 0.  Run 'daqhats_read_eeproms' and then check the the '/etc/mcc/hats' directory.  How many bin files in the directory?  If you have more than one bin file, reply with a screen capture and those bin files.

If you only have one bin file, then shutdown your RPi.  Disconnect the power supply and mount the second MCC 172 board, with address 1 jumper, back onto the RPi.  Reconnect the power supply and then restart your RPi.  Run 'daqhats_read_eeproms' and then check the the '/etc/mcc/hats' directory.  How many bin files in the directory?  If you have more than one bin file, reply with a screen capture and those bin files.

Regards,

Fausto