USB 2404-UI, showing in windows device manager as "unknown device"

Ecskolnick

Question

When I connect my USB 2404-UI to my laptop the LED does not light up (I've confirmed that the device itself is working on my desktop so it is not a malfunctioning unit. On the desktop I was also able to use InstaCal to confirm the device is generating data through one of the channels). On the laptop, when I go to connect to the usb-c port (only available option) using an adaptor, it states "unknown device" and also doesn't allow me to update/search for the driver. 

Thanks in advance! 

Edited by Ecskolnick
more context/information

4 answers to this question

Hey Fausto, 

I am running version 6.73 of Instacal. I was wondering if it has to do with me using a usb-c adaptor?

Another thought is that I'm using a Macbook and running windows 11 using Parallels (for context my desktop computer is also running windows 10). It has been able to handle all other engineering software/needs. But was wondering if it could be impacting this somehow. 

Thanks, 

Ed 

Hello @Ecskolnick.

We have not tested a MCC device with a Macbook running Windows 11 via Parallels.  The driver is only available for 32 and 64 bit (Intel) Windows.  There is no driver support for the ARM version of Windows.  That may be the issue, if your other desktop computer is only running Windows 10 and has no issue detecting the USB-2404-UI device. 

InstaCal v6.73 is required for a Windows 11 installation, but Windows 11 using Parallels does not appear to be making a proper handshake with the USB device.  

Regards,

Fausto

Is there anyway to provide the driver file for the USB-2404-UI directly to me? One option provided is that I upload the driver to the "unknown device". Hopefully that would help with the handshake with the USB device like you are stating. Or is the ARM version of windows always going to be a limitation? I was going to reach out to parallels to see if there is a way to get past this as well. 

Thanks,

Ed 

Edited by Ecskolnick
updated info