about arty a7 ddr issue

venkatesh

Question

hi,

I hope you are doing great.

currently i am working on a arty at 35t development board and i was facing below mentioned issues.

when i writing a sample  hello world code into qspi its printing  properly (i.e hello world) with out adding ddr in block design but when i added ddr into my block design then i'm writing a hello world program into qspi it's printing like below i have attached how they printing the name. what is the reason why it's printing like, and i'm checking a printing values in tera term tool with the baud rate of 9600

Screenshot 2023-03-20 104941.png

1 answer to this question

Hi @venkatesh

Apologies for the delayed response. Since the repeating pattern seems to be the same length as "Hello World!\r\n", I'm guessing this isn't a baud rate mismatch. Maybe the memory where the value of the string constant is stored in program memory is getting overwritten somehow, but that also seems unlikely.

I'd check other uart parameters like stop bits and parity, in addition to confirming the baud rate in the Vivado design. Also, check the clock frequency being fed to the UART controller and Microblaze.

When you added the DDR to the block design, how did you clock the rest of your design? Could you share your Vitis code and/or your block design so that we can reproduce the issue?

Thanks,

Arthur