Waveforms failing to install on Raspberry pi

Jared

Question

I have tried to install waveforms on my Raspberry pi 4 running 64 bit Raspberry Pi OS. Adept appears to have been successful, but waveforms failed with the error below.

Failed to install file

A package could not be found that allows the action to complete. More information is available in the detailed report.

I am installing digilent.adept.runtime_2.27.9-armhf.deb and digilent.waveforms_3.19.5_arm64.deb. I do not know where the "detailed report" is located so I don't know how to troubleshoot this. I have had this problem for almost 10 months and gave up. Now I'm trying again in hopes to solve this.

EDIT:

Trying dpkg I get the following. Seems The waveforms installer is not finding the adept installation for some reason. It is telling me I need adept runtime greater than or equal to 2.26.1, but as I listed about I installed version 2.27.9, so I don't know what the problem is.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo dpkg -i /home/pi/Downloads/digilent.waveforms_3.19.5_arm64.deb
(Reading database ... 98697 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../digilent.waveforms_3.19.5_arm64.deb ...
Unpacking digilent.waveforms (3.19.5) over (3.19.5) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of digilent.waveforms:
 digilent.waveforms depends on digilent.adept.runtime (>= 2.26.1).

dpkg: error processing package digilent.waveforms (--install):
 dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Processing triggers for gnome-menus (3.36.0-1) ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.26-1) ...
Processing triggers for mailcap (3.69) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.9.4-2) ...
Processing triggers for shared-mime-info (2.0-1) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 digilent.waveforms

Edited by Jared
Adding additional details

2 answers to this question

Ok... Problem solved...

I was downloading the "Linux ARM-Raspberry Pi" version of adept. I noticed there is not distinction between the 64 bit and 32 bit version of Raspberry Pi as there is for waveforms, so I tried the "Linux ARM-64-bit.deb" file instead. This file permitted me to install waveforms and connect to the Analog Discovery 2. 

Might I suggest making it clear which file you need to download for the Rpi 32 bit and Rpi 64 bit? I cant tell you how much time I wasted trying to figure this out.

Jared