DAQami crashes when opening

Janet

Question

I have been using DAQami software since June of 2022 with no problems.  However, today when I try to run the software, it immediately crashes after the initial screen appears and no error messages are displayed.  I have restarted my computer several times, freed up space on my computer, and uninstalled/re-installed the software, but nothing seems to solve the problem.

I am running on Windows 10 and would prefer not to update to Windows 11, if at all possible.

Any suggestions?

2 answers to this question

Hello @Janet.

Please confirm you are still using Windows 10 and that Windows Updates did not already update your system to Windows 11.  Using your Windows Taskbar Search field, enter 'System Information' and then select that option once listed.  

image.png

Select System Summary to view the OS Name.  What do you have?

image.png

If you have Windows 11, then check your version of InstaCal.  For Windows 11, you need InstaCal version 6.73.  Below is a link for InstaCal version 6.73.

https://mcc.download.ni.com/downloads/InstaCal/icalsetup.exe

If your OS is Windows 10 and you have InstaCal version 6.73, then it could be a corrupt daqami.mcfg file located in the 'C:\Users\{username}\Documents\Measurement Computing' folder.  Rename or delete the daqami.mcfg file.  A new file will be created the next time you run DAQami.

Does that help?

Regards,

Fausto