Data Acquistion

Roosevelt

Question

I have both USB-1616HS-4 and AI-EXP48 in my DAQ box. The setup consists of having my Thermocouples analog in the AI-EXP48 with my pressure transducers analog into the USB-1616HS. When I run instaCal it only detects my USB-1616HS board. I have both boards connected with CA-96A cable so both should be functional. Is there an easy solution for why the AI-EXP48 is not showing up in instaCal therefore not giving my any thermocouple readings? 

3 answers to this question

Hello @Roosevelt.

The AI-EXP48 does not show up in InstaCal's board list.  With the AI-EXP48 module connected to the USB-1616HS-4, click on TEST and select ANALOG from InstaCal's top menu.   Select the 'Analog Loop Back Test' tab and scroll through the available input channels list.  Otherwise, open the software application you intend to use.

image.png

Regards,

Fausto

Thanks, I did what you stated above but I'm not understanding how this would help me with my thermocouples. I'm powering both AI-EXP48 & USB 1616HS-4 through a USB 3.0 port on my PC. Do I need to utilize the external power on the USB 1616HS-4? 

My goal is to utilize the AI-EXP48 analog inputs for my thermocouples. When I click on DASYLab's MCC-DRV option it only shows the module that I have my pressure transducers wired into. 

MCC_Input.PNG

Your screen capture shows a total of 32 analog input channels (0..31), which breaks down to 8 differential channels on the USB-1616HS-4 module and 24 differential channels on the AI-EXP48 module.  Therefore, DASYLab (and InstaCal) are detecting all available analog input channels from both modules.

https://www.mccdaq.com/pdfs/manuals/USB-1616HS-4.pdf

https://www.mccdaq.com/pdfs/manuals/AI-EXP48.pdf