Connection from ADC board to FPGA with FMC connector

phillcau

Question

I want to connect ADC board to FPGA board (Zenesys Zu) via FMC-LPC connector.

The ADC board is EVAL-AD9656 Evaluation Board. AD9656 is 4-CH ADC with 125MSPS maximum and JESD204B interface.

Is there no problem in connecting this board to Zenesys Zu board via FMC connector for data capture and processing?

If yes, I will purchase Zenesys Zu boaed for this purpose.

Please let me know

3 answers to this question

ADI has pretty good HDL support for most of its evaluation boards. Instead of taking a chance on advice from someone who hasn't actually done what you want to do, I'd suggest that the prudent course of action is to check out FPGA board/EvalBoard combinations that ADI already has a code base for. Do read carefully ADI notes about its HDL support for FPGA devices.

Thank you very much.

I have heard from a FPGA guy that since Zenesys ZU board has only one GTH line, only one channel of ADC (AD9656 EVM Board) channels can be handled with JESD204B.

But I have to send 4-channel ADC data to FPGA with JESD204B.

Really is it impossible?

I will also ask this problem to Analog Devices also.

Pleas let me know this.

ADI has some good tutorials and information on JESD204, and the B,C variants. You should definitely understand what the standard is as well as how various devices that use the standard work. One transceiver can handle multiple data channels depending on how the device uses the standard.