WF 3.19.18 Eclypse Z7

attila

Question

https://forum.digilent.com/topic/8908-waveforms-beta-download/

WaveForms 3.19.18 brings for Eclypse Z7 Zmods the following:
- deep capture for Scope (Zmod Scope and Digitizer) 256Mi and Logic Analyzer 128Mi samples, all up to 125MHz
- IIR filter channels performed in the device
- the Wavegen channels can be controlled from the Scope interface and digital outputs captured
- the Scope inputs (raw ADC, averaged or filtered) can be output to the Wavegen channels, as signal or as amplitude, frequency, phase modulation or summing
- DIO 14/15 can be used as trigger IOs

Limitations:
- when more than 4 capture channels are enabled the max sampling rate is 62.5MHz
- the IIR filter is optimized for high speed with lower resolution and due to this in certain conditions it can saturate, like with narrow band or high sample rate/frequency ratio

The QSPI firmware is updated automatically, for SD card boot mode and initial QSPI programming see the Help tab/ Eclypse Z7

AWG1 -> Scope1 -> Scope3 (Scope1 IIR)
AWG2 -> Scope2 -> Scope4 (Scope2 IIR)

image.png

AWG1 -> Scope1 -> Scope3 (Scope1 IIR) -> AWG2 -> Scope2
AWG1 -> Scope5 output
AWG2 -> Scope6 output
image.png

2 answers to this question

I doubt this is the appropriate place to say this so feel free to delete this. But I just wanted to say this is EXACTLY why I love you guys. I know that you will if possible add the most amazing functionality to your hardware over time :) I bought 2 eclipse z7 a year or 2 ago for the purposes of making an arbitrary wave form generator with 256Mb buffer and I was able to make something that kind of worked. And now you are adding deep capture to the scope that makes use of lots of that ram. Thanks guys! I hope perhaps one day you will make the arbitrary waveform generator support giant waveforms too so I don't need to use my half assed AXI DMA design :) Keep up the great work!