MCC 172 No HAT devices found error

CDQ

Question

I just installed a new MCC 172 into a new Raspberry Pi 4; the example software is giving the message "Addr 0: Error: No HAT devices found'

sudo daqhats_read_eeproms ... gives the message "Reading...   Done"

daqhats_version ... gives the message "daqhats version 1.4.0.6 is installed"

daqhats_list_boards ... gives the message "0 boards found"

Are there any diagnostics I can run to be sure the MCC 172 board is working properly?  What am I missing?

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

Hello @CDQ.

Thank you for your responses.

The DAQHAT readme.md file states "You can use the DAQ HAT Manager or the 'daqhats_list_boards' command to display a list of the detected MCC DAQ HATs. This list is generated from the EEPROM images, so it will not be correct if you change the board stack without updating the EEPROM images."

https://github.com/mccdaq/daqhats

Do you have another MCC 172 board to swap in or a different Raspberry Pi module to test the MCC 172?

Regards,

Fausto

Hello @CDQ.

Which RPi OS version are you using?  Do you have other third-party HATS installed on your RPi module?

Please confirm that the SPI and I2C interfaces are enabled on your RPi.  Go to the Raspberry start button and choose Preferences - Raspberry PI Configuration. Click on the Interfaces tab and make sure SPI and I2C are both enabled.

Launch the MCC DAQ HAT Manager utility from the Raspberry start button. Press the LIST DEVICES and Read EEPROM buttons, in the application.  Does the utility detect your board?

Regards,

Fausto

14 hours ago, Fausto said:

Hello @CDQ.

Which RPi OS version are you using?  Do you have other third-party HATS installed on your RPi module?

Please confirm that the SPI and I2C interfaces are enabled on your RPi.  Go to the Raspberry start button and choose Preferences - Raspberry PI Configuration. Click on the Interfaces tab and make sure SPI and I2C are both enabled.

Launch the MCC DAQ HAT Manager utility from the Raspberry start button. Press the LIST DEVICES and Read EEPROM buttons, in the application.  Does the utility detect your board?

Regards,

Fausto

OS is Raspbian Bullseye 11.6 (64 bit)  I realize Digilent is discouraging the use of 64 bit OS, but I have several of these boards running smoothly in that setup so I doubt the OS is the problem.

There are no 3rd party hats installed.

SPI and I2C are enabled.

sudo raspi-config nonint get_spi ... gives 0 (meaning SPI is enabled) 
sudo raspi-config nonint get_i2c ... gives 0 (meaning I2C is enabled)

This device is running headless; is there a command line utility that can LIST DEVICES?

Hello @Fausto,

I placed the board in another Raspberry Pi module and the board worked just fine.  I placed another MCC172 board in the original Raspberry Pi module and saw the same issues.

The problem was with the Raspberry Pi, not the MCC 172.  Thank you for your patience.

I have 1 (possibly 2, the second is not yet verified) MCC 172 board(s) that do have issues.  Is there a way to request an RMA, or do I first need to post diagnostic details here in the forum?