Setting up DT9829 with Load cell

Julia-Grace

Question

I am using an Interface 6 axis load cell (6ADF80B). I need help understanding how to wire the 6 channel cables into my DAQ. I know the inputs will be analog voltages (mV). The load cell cable has a 41pin adapter on the end. I am assuming I need to remove the adapter and rewire into the DAQ. Or, is there a better solution? Then what pins do I connect to on the DAQ? I am not trained in electrical engineering so the diagrams in the manual are not clear to me.

6-Axis HD44 Wiring.pdf

1 answer to this question

Hello @Julia-Grace.

The DT9829 supplies a maximum excitation voltage of 3V.  The Interface 6ADF80B load cell requires 5V of excitation.  Does Interface sell an accessory to provide the 5V of excitation to the 6ADF80B load cell?  Otherwise, you will not be able to measure the full range of the load cell.  

With regards to wiring load cell channel 1 to input channel 0 on the DT9829 module, make the following connections.

Load cell pin #2 connects to DT9829 screw terminal #33.

Load cell pin #5 connects to DT9829 screw terminal #34.

Load cell pin #3 connects to DT9829 screw terminal #1.

Load cell pin #4 connects to DT9829 screw terminal #3.

Reference figure 22 on page 53 and table 52 on page 170 of the DT9829 Series User's Manual (https://www.mccdaq.com/PDFs/Manuals/UM9829.pdf)

Regards,

Fausto