CreateDaqDevice resetting output pins

Ian McCutcheon

Question

I have a .Net program that is using the UL to program a USB-1208FS-Plus.  I configure port A to be an output port.  I set some of the pins output to high and some to low. If I then exit the program and start it up again I notice that when I call CreateDaqDevice the pins all go high momentarily.  Is there a way to leave the state of all of the pins alone so I don't have this transient when restarting the program?

Thanks

2 answers to this question

Hello @Ian McCutcheon.

With the USB-1208FS-Plus, all digital I/O lines are pulled high to USB +5 V with a 47 kΩ resistor by default.  The configurable state of the digital I/O's, in a software application, are not saved when you exit the application.

Also, the power ON and reset state of the digital I/O lines defaults to 'inputs'.

https://www.mccdaq.com/pdfs/manuals/USB-1208FS-Plus.pdf

Regards,

Fausto

Fausto, Thanks for the reply.  I guess that I was hoping that there would be a way to create a daq instance without resetting the device when my program restarts. I gather that calling CreateDaqDevice resets the state of all of the digitial io lines to inputs?  What is interesting is that if I then set them back to outputs the state of the pins when I exited the program is restored.  Hence I was hoping I could somehow eliminate this "glitch".