Using DT8874 with Enerchron

ChrisPr

Question

Hello,

when I use the MEASURpoint DT8874 with the Enerchron software from NHR, I get the error "Measurement timestamp invalid". With the QuickDAQ software works everything fine. What could be the reason for this? 

P.S. When i connect to the DT8874 via web browser, it shows in the device information a complete wrong current time

Thanks, Chris

Device_Information.PNG

5 answers to this question

Hello @ChrisPr.

What can you tell us about the history of your DT8874 instrument, i.e. new, working for some time already?

Was the instrument configured by you (or your colleagues) or someone from NHR?

Have you tried resetting the instrument; reference page 44 in the user's manual.

https://www.mccdaq.com/PDFs/Manuals/UMMeasurement-LXI.pdf

Verify the SNTP server IP is correct.  Click Modify and reference pages 79-80 in the user's manual.

Regards,

Fausto

Hey Fausto,

the instrument is new and never worked correct. The configuration was done by NHR. 

I changed the time zone and now the current time is correct.

I don't know anything about SNTP server. But the time is now correct, so it should be the correct one.

If I reset the device, how I can get a connection to the device afterwards? The IP address is not static anymore?

Thanks,

Christoph

Hello @ChrisPr.

The SNTP server IP is an Internet time server.  Before resetting your DT8874 instrument, reach out to the service rep. at NHR.  They may have a specific static IP for that unit.  However, if the time is current, then chances are you do not need to reset the unit.

If you were to reset the unit, following the instructions on page 44 in the user's manual, then afterwards, you would follow the connection instructions on pages 75 and 78-80.

Regards,

Fausto