Zybo Z7 Pcam 5C Demo - Run on Z7-10 instead of 20

BMC99

Question

Hello,

Trying to run the PCAM 5C demo. I only have access to the Z7-10 board with the XC7Z010 part but the project available for download targets the XC7Z020 part. 

Seems to me like it should be able to run on either board. I opened the vivado project and changed the settings to target the z7-10 board. I updated all the IPs as automatically prompted to do so in vivado, regenerate the bit file, export the new hardware with bitstream file, open SDK, target the new  hardware specification, regenerate the bsp and rebuild the project. No actual architecture changes in vivado or code changes in SDK. I'm using the pcam_vdma_hdmi bsp and project. I connect all the hardware to the board (pcam and hdmi monitor to the tx port). I launch the debugger and step past the initial breakpoint at init_platform. Nothing happens. The menu doesn't appear in my com program (tera term) and no video out.

After adding a few breakpoints where it looks like things are falling down is in the call to DDynClk_SetRate within the VideoOutput class, which runs at line 85 of main.cc. By stepping through with breakpoints it looks like all the other commands in this class appear to run OK, but it never gets beyond line 80 of VideoOutput.h. I don't think a result is getting returned to "Status". Might be tough to answer but what might be going on?

The video_dynclk block is still present in the design. Has it been compromised somehow by switching the target SoC device?

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

Hi @BMC99,

There are a number of designs that use the Pcam 5C with the Zybo Z7-10 so you should not need to retarget towards the Zybo Z7-20; you can find all of these as well as instructions for running the project on the demo page for the Pcam here: https://digilent.com/reference/programmable-logic/zybo-z7/demos/pcam-5c.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thank you,
JColvin

Sorry just coming back to this now. Thank you for the link. I hadn't previously found that page with multiple releases for different vivado versions and the -20 or -10 versions of the board. I'll retry with the release appropriate for my setup.